Being organised is the key! Here's some helpful advice
The main ingredient to a stress-free move is in organization. Everything to do with your up-coming move should be combined in a folder or clip board, keeping it all together and making it easily accessible when required. Check-lists are, in our experience, the best way to 'Get Moving!'. You should design your own to suit your specific requirements. The sooner you start eliminating your list, the easier and smoother your move will be.
See the example check-list on the right...
- Arrange New Address / Storage Facility
- Determine Time / Date of Settlement
- Sort Items for Garage Sale and St Vinnies
- Return Borrowed Items, i.e. Library books, movies, etc
- Book Removalist and Arrange Packing Material
- Book House and Carpet Cleaners
- Book Pool and Yard Maintenance
- Advise companies of service disconnections and reconnections: Electricity, Gas, Phone, Pay TV, etc.
- Don't forget to change your address details: Driver licenses, Vehicle and Pet Registrations, etc.
- Start Packing items that you wont be needing until you arrive at your new home